Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Acts As Coder Mission Statement

I kinda figure you're a lot like me..

You spend most of your day at a keyboard banging away at that thing to score your points, maintain your velocity, and keep your boss happy... and somewhere in there you make time to keep up in one or many of your pseudo-social networks... but mostly you do your best to keep your boss happy... After all he's going to have to approve your next time off request... which is right around the corner... so... you work hard...

But seriously... we coders are pretty lazy... now wait... before you get your Utili-kilt in a bunch... maybe lazy isn't the right word... after all i just said we work hard, didn't I?

We work hard... but we are always looking for a way to do our job more efficiently... which means more points in a day... which means higher velocity... which means happier boss... which might just lead to more time off... or more time to spend logged in to your favorite pseudo-social network... or more work done and bigger bonuses... I'll not judge what you do with your spare time...

So...

One of my goals over the last couple years was to find ways to automate as much of my daily drudgery as i could... I mean, really, the core concept of the DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) paradigm of coding is that you should never have to write the same code twice...

My plan for the foreseeable future is to use this space as my soap box... and share as many of my collection of time-saving, productivity enhancing tips and techniques as i can muster..

Time is money, Time is happiness.. and however you use your spare time... it's always good to have penty of it...

So... stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment